Gardening is a popular Yorkshire pastime for many, however we all lead busy lifestyles and can’t always find the time to keep up to our outdoor spaces whilst making them look there best.
Below are some tips on how to see the best rewards, if time is something that you are short of:
- Keep your flowers watered and the soil from going dry, they only need to be watered once or twice a week
- Make sure to water plants in the evening or early morning, this is when soil is normally cooler and has less chance of evaporation.
- Don’t water leaves or the heads of plants, this will stop or limit damp and mould from occurring
- Install yourself an irrigation system if possible, this will allow plants to take just the right amount of water
- Protect your lawn from the hot sun, leave the grass with some length during periods of hot weather, this is so the sun doesn’t dry out the soil, allowing the grass to keep its colour
- The optimum time to water grass has been found to be pre 8am
- We’d recommend using between 10/15 litres of water per sq metre
- Make sure plants are densely packed to stop the growth of unwanted weeds and lichen
- Mulch mixed with soil has been known to prevent weeds from sprouting to the surface
- Use a weeding trowel and remove weeds from the roots which will prevent them from coming back
Here at Power Clean UK we can maintain, clean and restore your driveway with minor repairs, which keep the driveway, patio and paths pristine and weed free for some time to come. We cover the Yorkshire region for commercial and residential properties. For a free estimate call us today or fill out one of our online contact forms.